Monday, March 11, 2013

The CFPB and I Celebrate an Anniversary Together



Today, October 23, 2013, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and I celebrate an anniversary together.

Me: 
For having to endure this Wells Fargo Bank fraud for another year.

Them:
For failing to see through Wells Fargo's fraud, and not being smart enough to know when they've been lied to.

____________________________________

On October 24, 2012, I filed a complaint against Wells Fargo Bank, with the CFPB, because Wells Fargo fraudulently opened two DBA Business Checking Accounts in my name and the name of my business, for Kier Property Management, without obtaining any of the federally required supporting documentation in order to do so. Wells Fargo also failed to obtain a signed account authorization form from me, or any copies of my identification to verify my identity as the primary account holder. 

In their first response to the CFPB, Wells Fargo intentionally provided false information about a single account that was opened four years after the two fraudulent accounts had been opened.

Today, exactly one year after filing my initial complaint with the CFPB, I filed a follow-up complaint with them, pointing out that they had been lied to by Wells Fargo, and included the evidence that proves it with that complaint.

My October 23, 2013 Complaint:
Click to view full size


In response to my original complaint to the CFPB, Wells Fargo provided false information to them, about an account that didn't even exist during the same time period, and didn't exist for four more years, until I opened it.

Not knowing any better, the CFPB accepted their response as being accurate and truthful.

It was not.

When I pointed out to the CFPB that they had been lied to by Wells Fargo, they did what any good government agency would do, and passed the buck to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and wash their hands of the whole matter.

Way to go Sen. Elizabeth Warren!




My Desired Resolution:
NO WAY!... Not this time.  I fell into this trap the first time around.
In my first complaint to the CFPB, Wells Fargo tried to make the complaint all about what I thought a reasonable resolution would be, and in doing so, got away with failing to address the actual topic of my complaint.... NOT THIS TIME!

Click to view full size
















Documentation:
I provided documentation with my complaint, which proves that Wells Fargo did not have my signature on file, as they claimed in their response to the CFPB and the OCC.

I included the account authorization and account application forms that Wells Fargo provided to me on October 19, 2013, that did not have my signature on them.

I also included the account authorization and account application forms that Wells Fargo provided to me on October 21, 2013 that suddenly DID have my signature on them... How do you suppose that happened?

I also provided copies of the letters I received from Wells Fargo in which they had provided false information to the CFPB and the OCC.
Click to view full size


The CFPB claims that I should receive a status update from them within the next 15 days.  

Let's hope they've learned a thing or two over the last year, about investigating bank crimes, and about banks who lie to them to keep from getting into trouble...




HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CFPB
SEE YOU ON NOVEMBER 7





         
Please take a moment to visit our other Sites and Pages

 Visit our other Blogspot   HERE